The Senior Cognos Developer works on full development life cycle within Cognos reporting framework gathering and developing business requirements, building reports and deploying to test/QA and production environments. This includes cube development, metadata definition and building and maintaining complex reports using Cognos BI.
Position requires participating in integration, performance, and user acceptance testing for reporting solutions and managing the intake, prioritization, assignment and fulfillment of report development work. In addition, the Senior Cognos Developer must collaborate with business subject matter experts to ensure delivered solutions optimally support the achievement of business outcomes. Effective communication with business and technical teams required along with translating between business and technical terminology.
Candidate Skill Set
Strong understanding and ability in working with the Cognos Business Intelligence technical stack, including, Framework manager, Data Manager, Report Studio, Power Play Transformer, Metric Studio, Event Studio, Administration and others. Additionally, experience with a high level of proficiency in the following areas also required:
• TM1 EPM
• OLAP (CUBE Modeling) and DMR (Dimensionally Modeled Relational Data) in Cognos 10
• Oracle 10G+ Database
• Data warehousing concepts
• SQL/PL SQL techniques
• DataMart design decisions in order to provide the best possible Cognos Metadata solutions
• ETL tools such as informatica
Duties and Responsibilities
• Design ad-hoc queries and reports in Cognos 10 Business Insight and Business Insight Advanced Studios
• Designing Cognos Framework Metadata models to enable report development
• Assisting business and BI leads in analyzing reporting requirements and translating them into Cognos BI Metadata models and reporting solutions