* 3 to 5 years of experience in multiple IT areas including 1-2 years of relevant Web/Internet experience.
* Software development background and scripting with one or more of the following languages: Java, Ruby, Python, Perl.
* Sound technical understanding of the use and administration of various Linux distributions (RHEL preferred).
* Experience supporting 24x7, high availability internet application environments that include web, application, database servers and load balancing systems.
* Working knowledge of web and application servers management and configuration (e.g. Apache, Nginx, JBoss, Tomcat).
* Experience with build, deployment, configuration management automation tools (e.g. Maven, Jenkins, Bamboo, Puppet, Chef, Ansible).
* Experience with virtualization platforms and cloud technologies (AWS, OpenShift, Docker), log aggregation, performance metrics tools (Splunk, Elasticsearch, LogStash, Statsd, Graphite)
Candidate Skill Set
* Works with the DevOps team to build and manage software delivery, systems integration, and developer support tools
* Works with other software engineers, database developers, infrastructure, operations and QA teams to design and implement quality software delivery solutions.
* Supports, troubleshoots, monitors and optimizes production systems
* Performs routine maintenance including patching and upgrades on all systems to ensure security compliance and system health
* Helps streamline software development by contributing to implementation of a continual integration process and automating manual processes.
* Under supervision of manager, ensures the integration of the Web servers and all other supporting systems.
* Helps with performance tuning, load testing, optimization of information/data processing, maintenance and support of the production environment
* Research and evaluate new automation techniques and solutions to improve efficiency and quality.
* Standardize, automate, and document setup of development and production environments.
* Performs other duties as assigned but not those of a higher level