Customer is seeking a DevOps Engineer to provide infrastructure architecture and DevOps engineering to support our customers and our teams. DevOps is a critical component to the highly collaborative engineering team. We are looking for people who can support and foster collaboration, rapid development and delivery, innovation, and quality while ensuring the projects we support are efficient and scalable. We look for people who have the curiosity, courage, and flexibility to consider, support and deploy leading edge technologies. Leveraging DevOps as a key enabler to adopt agile and improve the organization’s ability to deliver high quality software is in our DNA, and we hope its part of yours, too.
Candidate Skill Set
• Work to oversee, design, implement, and manage DevOps capabilities in the cloud using CI/CD toolsets/automation.
• Create highly robust infrastructure architectures with systems that support development of enterprise-class applications and services with high performance, availability, reliability, and scalability needs.
• Ensure DevOps systems you build are robust in the sense they can scale, handle rapid growth, and limit exposure to single points of failure and security vulnerabilities.
• Closely collaborate with software development engineers to make it easy for them to roll out new code and test new features.
• Work with other highly skilled DevOps focused engineers, and learn and grow from each other.
• Build and Deployment Tools & Continuous Integration experience
• QNX, Momentix, & Linux
• Jenkin, Git, & Nexus
• System administration w/ Jira & Confluence
Our Ideal Candidate Has:
• Software development background, understands agile software development methodologies.
• Significant experience (8+ recent years) as a software developer and/or as a DevOps engineer, or a role where you were designing, planning, and leading software development infrastructure growth.
• Understands how to assess a situation, make recommendations to a team on an approach to tackle the DevOps challenge, and implement a DevOps infrastructure in both Greenfield and legacy environments
• Solid understanding of SQL, relational and non-relational databases
• Experience with automation and/or cloud orchestration tools like Chef, Puppet or equivalent
• Strong understanding and familiarity of the fundamentals of UNIX and Windows systems administration.
• Experience working alongside multiple agile development teams.
• Experience with QNX and Momentix is a plus.