* Understand project scope.
* Based on the analysis of the type of the project provide inputs on project methodology to senior stakeholders (Project Manager / Architects etc).
* Consolidate inputs from developers and collectively provide inputs on activities/ tasks, task level estimates, schedule, dependencies, risks etc.
* Consolidate inputs from developers and collectively provide inputs to testing strategy, configuration, deployment, hardware/software requirement etc.
* Analyze in detail resources required for every phase, conduct estimation of time utilization of different resources and activities, prepare resource and development plan or provide inputs and review with PM.
* Participate in KT sessions conducted by customer/ other business teams.
Requirement Understanding and Analysis: * Along with the Business Analyst, gather requirements (functional and nonfunctional) from customer.
* Analyze requirements for feasibility with regards to testing and implementation.
* Provide inputs for requirements prioritization.
* Debrief team on the requirements gathered and seek feedback.
* Participate in client calls and seek clarifications if any.
* Create and maintain requirements traceability matrix along with BA.
* Provide inputs during creation of operational concepts and scenarios.
* Work with administrators to setup security requirements.
Design: * Understand various functional and non functional requirements and HLD in order to provide inputs to create LLD and review.
* Recommend make/ buy or alternate solutions.
* Provide inputs in designing end to end solution from a technical perspective.
* Create code development checklist.
* Prepare UI specifications / mock ups for reports / dashboards and provide guidance to team members/ designers for creating data mapping documents or unit documents for ETL & BI.
* Provide inputs to data modeling based on the project understanding.
* Walkthrough the design along with PM to the customer and coordinate to seek signoff on design and other artifacts.
Coding: * Guide team in coding as per design.
* Define the Development framework, reusable templates based on the organization repository and past experience.
* Allocate modules to developers for coding.
* Provide inputs for setting up development environment.
* Provide guidance to developers and set standards.
* Review pseudo codes written by developers and provide a go ahead for code development.
* Review final codes written by developers on adherence to standards/functionality and approve for testing.
* Monitor code merge to build environment and provide consolidated feedback to design.
Testing Management: * Provide inputs to testing strategy / approach at a high level.
* Review test cases written by team.
* In case of small projects, review/ guide for SIT and other testing.
* Provide support for development of unit/ integration test cases as required.
* Check if peer review is completed at each step of test execution.
* Monitor defects raised and closed.
* Conduct root cause analysis to avoid repetition of defects.
* Follow up with team assigned for rework on code defects and close the same.
* Attend QA audits as and when required.
Deployment: * Setup instructions.
* Understand release and deployment environment and provide inputs for release/deployments plan.
* Resolve issues that arise during project deployment/ closure.
* Check that all action items mentioned in the deployment checklist have been completed.
* Monitor and review smoke testing, mock runs.
Project Execution Monitoring & closure (Support to Project Management activities): * Provide status inputs to the project manager.
* Support Project Manager in creating a weekly status report including tasks achieved in the week and plan for next week.
* Provide guidance to team through SDLC.
* Track metrics wrt plan and monitor the same.
* Collect and present metrics (utilization, time spent on each activity / team etc) to the Project Manager.
* In case of change in the project, support in creating a first level impact analysis.
* Support project manager in gathering all documents required for audits and maintain them regularly.
Service Support and Maintenance: * Create transition plan.
* provide transition walkthrough to the maintenance team.
Stakeholder Management: * Understand internal stakeholders (Account Manager, Project Managers etc) and client expectations.
* Follow through on commitments, achieve timely resolution of issues.
Knowledge Management: * Provide guidance to team members to maintain all documentation related to project.