The Application Support Specialist is responsible for managing new implementations, as well as maintenance and support of the Development & QA Environments. The primary purpose of these environments is to enable QA and Development teams the ability to deliver functional regression, user acceptance and performance testing prior to Production implementation.
Candidate Skill Set
- Participate in significant projects with project managers and analysts across the enterprise
- Work in conjunction with business partners to identify technical and functional needs of system and determine priority of needs
- Optimize the availability, security, and performance management of crucial systems operations
- Evaluate processes and procedures in order to create and manage support documentation, and comply with operationally defined governance and controls
- Coordinate efforts and liaise with cross functional teams in order to track and prioritize activities for maximum operational efficiency
- Provide ongoing support and serve as an escalation point for second level support teams
- High school diploma, GED, equivalent certification or military experience
- At least 3 years in a large sized distributed system environment, supporting multiple platforms, applications and servers in QA and Development environments.
- At least 3 years of experience with Java Application Web Server Support on Apache Tomcat
- At least 3 years of experience working with Microsoft IIs and Apache HTTPD servers
- At least 5 years of experience with Microsoft Server and UNIX platforms.
- At least 2 years of experience with Active Directory components
- At least 2 years of experience of firewalls & their configuration
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, IT, or similar field
- Ability to respectfully communicate with direct reports, peers and customers.
- Knowledge of Java Application Web Server Support with Weblogic, JBOSS or WebSphere
- Knowledge of IBM MQ and Java messaging systems
- Understanding of database support [MSSQL and Oracle] practices
- Understanding of load balancing concepts
- Knowledge of Agile software development practices and
- Solid project management skills and ability to manage multiple concurrent projects/responsibilities