The ideal candidate will have experience using Java in a fast-paced web/SaaS environment, with a strong ability to prioritize tasks with minimal guidance, and communicate effectively with both technical and business personnel.
- Work with leading platforms including Java, J2EE, Spring, Tomcat, Hibernate, and MySQL.
- Design, develop and test feature enhancements to meet business requirements then package the changes/additions for release.
- Drive ongoing improvements in software delivery including build and test automation, continuous integration, test driven development.
- Participate in development of unit tests and code reviews.
- 3+ years of solid Java (J2EE) experience with an emphasis on MVC design pattern in a web/SaaS based environment.
- Experience in writing scalable web apps.
- Experience in modular/OO coding.
- Fluency in JDBC, Hibernate, or similar ORM frameworks; fluency in Spring or similar dependency injection frameworks.
- Knowledge of shell and other scripting languages (Python, Groovy, Scala or Ruby).
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
- Fast learner of new and emerging technologies.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.