In order to be successful, the Quality Assurance Engineer must be obsessed with quality improvement! The right candidate will be experienced and highly committed to creating world class processes and automated harnesses for regression and feature testing. The Quality Assurance Engineer must also be able to help develop and drive a high-level strategy, as well as take a hands-on approach to implementing that strategy.
Candidate Skill Set
Experience working with Agile/Iterative environments. Scrum experience preferred.
• Thorough knowledge of software development, configuration management, release processes.
• Experience and understanding of APIs and web services testing.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Understanding of software as a service concepts as applicable to releases and quality.
• Proven ability to write concise, complete, well organized bug reports, test cases, and status reports.
• Demonstrated ability to clearly articulate an idea, concept, or position on topics within the QA/Test domain.
• A love for quality software and products, including a compulsion to test everything from the fun to the mundane.
• Knowledge of methodology, tools and regular exercise of performance and load testing
• B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent
• 3 years minimum relevant work experience
• Proven effectiveness and comfort in fast-paced development environments
• Must have previous experience designing, developing, and managing a framework that includes automated testing of web applications
• Experience with continuous integration
• Experience working with Agile/Iterative environments