Senior Software Engineer, Platform - Hadoop, NoSQL, MapReduce -
If you are a Senior Software Platform Engineer skilled with JVM based languages (Java, Scala, Clojure) and have either C++, Python or similar experience, please read on!
Located in Menlo Park, CA we are changing the way people explore and gain insight from big data. Our executive team has decades of combined experience with some of the largest data companies around the world and are backed by several venture firms.
Candidate Skill Set
Strong engineer and developer with experience using key languages like JVM-based languages (JAVA, Scala, Clojure), C++, Python
- Experience with relational database internals, including both query processing and query planning, or other data processing infrastructure (like MapReduce) including NoSQL systems
- Expert knowledge of key data structures and algorithms
E.g., indexing, hash tables, joins, aggregation
- Excellent communication, presentation and collaborative problem-solving skills
- Great team player who wants to change the way people use their data and have a huge impact on a small team
- BS in CS or related
Bonus skills -
- Publications and research in databases, information integration or data processing at scale
- Open source contributions to data oriented software projects and components
- Experience with relevant components of the Hadoop stack of technologies (Hadoop, MapReduce, HBase, Hive, Pig, Flume, etc.)
Experience with streaming data